The Isle of Skye has lots to offer…
For those based at Brescalan Cottage the Isle of Skye and surrounding area offers a wide range of activities to meet most requirement, from gentle walks, sightseeing, fishing, boat trips to more strenuous activities such as golf, pony trekking and climbing.
Within a few miles of the cottage you can:
- take a boat trip to view a wide range of bird life including the rare and majestic sea eagle
- hire a bicycle and explore the countryside
- with direct access from the cottage, walk on the Trotternish Ridge which includes the famous Quiraing and Old Man of Storr
- Visit Dunvegan Castle, Duntulm Castle or one of the many historical sites and museums
- Play golf on courses at Skeabost and Sconser
- Go riding or trekking at the Skye riding centre
- Experience river, loch and sea fishing
- Visit ‘Talisker’ Distillery and taste Skye’s famous Malt whisky
- Try walking and climbing in the world famous Cuillin range
- Take a day trip on the ferry from Uig to the Outer Hebrides
- Taste the variety and quality of local seafood and other produce in one of our many restaurants
- look for the Dinasaur foot prints at Staffin Beach and see the fossil collection at the Museum near Kilt Rock
For general information relating to the Isle of Skye visit Skye and Lochalsh Online.